Sustainability and Environment is an area of responsibility that the rail industry is uniquely positioned to meet. Projects and business practices that demonstrate creative and practical solutions for Sustainability and Environment are helping to generate modernisation of the rail sector. The Sustainability and Environment award aims to recognise and promote progress towards making Rail a ‘green’ industry and not just a ‘green’ mode of transport.
This category is eligible to organisations, not individuals, that have:
- Demonstration of applications or solutions in the area of Sustainability and Environment for rolling stock or infrastructure projects, in one or more whole-of-life aspects such as procurement, manufacturing source materials, production processes, maintenance materials and practices, maintenance facilities, or disposal of sub-components and assets.
- Demonstration of creative or novel Sustainability and/or Environmental solutions in areas such as technology, society, community, or economy and how they are proactively being used to generate modernisation and competitiveness of the rail sector, particularly without waiting for legislation.
Nominations for 2020 Awards – deadline extended to Friday 26 June 2020
- the nomination filename must include the category title and name of the nominating company
- supporting material must be attached and clearly marked Attachment 1, Attachment 2 etc.
- email to email@example.com
Nominations will close at 5pm Friday 26 June 2020
Further information: contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 6270 4527.